Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Birthday Surprise!



The day is finally here!  I just love birthdays!  I really do think it is a hell of a thing to make it through another year of this all too short life, happy, healthy and surrounded by loving friends and family.  *Sigh* Birthdays are just so great!  It doesn't even have to be MINE...just keep the birthdays coming! 

So I'd been planning a surprise for my bestest bud for a few months now.  I got the idea while searching online for photos to fancy up my baking blog...and I came across the most adorable cupcakes ever!  I knew Iris was a fan and I knew I had to make these for her...and the secret planning began!


Everything came together quite nicely, save for an almost frustrating search for Willy Wonka's RUNTs candies.  But I gathered everything I needed and was all set early in the week.


Wednesday evening came...time to start baking some devil's food cupcakes!
 Mmm...choooccolate!  Rest little cupcakes, I'll see ya in the morning!

Day Two...time for decorating!  Need oreos, junior mints, Runts (bananas) and lots of frosting! =)


Owl Eyes!  Well...almost!











And then just about 30 minutes later...Poof!  Those bare little cupcakes have been transformed into super cute OWLS.  I can't get over how darn cute these are!!

These were so fun to make!  On the way over to deliver these cuties I was already thinking of other adorable critters I could transform my next batch of cupcakes into!

2 comments: