Friday, January 14, 2011

The BEST EVER Brownies

Some brownies are too cake-y.  Some are too dough-y.  But, the perfect brownie is chewy, gooey and just a little crunchy on the edges, am I right?  Part of what makes this particular brownie recipes so epic is the fabulously gooey chocolate frosting.  I substituted the recipes frosting for store-bought once when I made these and it was a HUGE mistake.  So here you go...the PERFECT brownie.  You can thank me later.  :)

Ally's EPIC Brownies
(this recipe is ok to double)

1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 tablespoons (or so) Hershey's chocolate syrup

3T. butter, softened
3T. unsweetened cocoa
1T. honey
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted.
(Note:  A simple way to sift dry ingredients is to simply mix with a wire whisk!  Got that tip from Martha Stewart)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease baking pan

In a medium bowl, sift dry ingredients and set aside.
In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter.  Remove from heat, stir in sugar, eggs and 1 tsp vanilla.  Careful not to over-stir.
Stir in dry ingredients..again, careful not to over-stir!...unless you like cake-y brownies.

Spread batter in prepared pan.  Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.  Be sure not to over bake!

Frosting:  Combine 3T. butter, 3T. cocoa, 1T. honey, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 1 cup powdered sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm!

Sprinkle with something pretty..I chose Easter colored flowers.  Who cares if it isn't Easter!  :)


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. O nooo...we just finished dinner and I put the kids to bed and now I am thinking about going down to the kitchen to try these! Is bakers powdered chocolate the same as unsweetened cocoa powder? You have my address send me some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go make them!!! As long as it's unsweetened it should be ok. I'm afraid these wouldn't travel too well. Funny, I've been sitting here contemplating making up a batch too!

    ReplyDelete