Friday, January 14, 2011

Banana Crumb Muffins

One of my favorite muffin recipes and definitely my roommate's favorite by far.  Every time a banana starts to go brown, he's asking if I'll make 'those killer muffins'...
Sometimes I like to add ground flax seed for an extra healthy muffin and I almost always use whole wheat flour.

1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4c. sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup bitter, melter
1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2T. all purpose flour
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1T. butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 10-12 muffin tins

In large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, butter and egg.
Stir banana mixture into flour mix just until moistened.  Spoon into muffin cups.

In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2T. flour and cinnamon.  Cut in 1T. butter until mixture is crumbled.
Bake muffins 18-20 minutes, adding crumb mixture during last 10 mins of baking.

These were so great to wake up to this morning...add a hot cup of joe and it really is a GOOD MORNING! :)

4 comments:

  1. I like to make banana bread with my brownies...butr hubby doesn't like the thought of them being used at all. What is 1/3 cup bitter, melter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butter, melted. Hubby doesn't like what to get used at all?? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O....duh....hubby doesn't like the thought of brown bananas being used. Do you take special recipe post requests? If so....how about some muffins using bran flakes, no raisins but something else so they are not so boring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...I don't care for raisins, so this sounds like a good challenge. I'm thinking perhaps bran muffins with dried cranberries and some orange zest...?

    ReplyDelete